- Virunga National Park
- Mountain Gorilla Trekking
- Top Things to do in Virunga
- Gorilla Trekking and Nyiragongo
- Virunga National Park Wildlife
- Virunga National Park Birds
- Lodges in Virunga National Park
- Best Time to Visit Virunga
- Getting to Virunga National Park
- Virunga National Park Map
- Virunga Weather & Climate
- Is Virunga Safe
- Virunga Tourist Visa
- Virunga Travel Requirements
- Virunga Tour Packages
Getting to Virunga national park – You can get to Virunga national park through the most convenient way. One of the ways is flying to Rwanda at Kigali international airport and then connect by road to the boarder of Rwanda and DRC that is Gisenyi-Goma. It is however always better to book for a flight that will enable you reach the park a day before embarking on the tour activities so that you’ll have enough rest as you prepare for activities like trekking and hiking. From Kigali to Gisenyi-Goma boarder, it takes 4-5 hours and more about half an hour to connect from Goma from the park.
Alternatively, one may fly direct to the DRC that is Goma international airport and connect to the park. This is faster and less tiresome but you’ll miss out on sight-seeing in Rwanda. Ethiopian Airlines is so far the international carrier that directly goes to Goma on a daily basis. However, you may fly direct to the DRC when coming to Virunga and pass via Rwanda when embarking on the return journey.
From Uganda, Virunga National Park is accessed through Bunagana border post in Kisoro in southwestern Uganda which connects to Bukina starting point in Virunga national park.